Monday, October 21, 2013

Twitching and Muscle Cramps Are No Fun!

As I am lying here in bed catching up on email, Twitter and Facebook I realize that I'm having a hard time focusing literally, but not because of my eyes this time. I'm laying on my side and my muscle in my back is twitching (not to be confused with twerking) making my entire body move up and down.  Twitching and muscle cramps are something I have had for years and years....long before I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.

I am pretty sure that they were related to MS, I just didn't realize I had it at the time.  Fortunately for me the twitching is not painful, only annoying and doesn't happen too often.  The muscle cramps in my feet are more predictable now.  I formerly would get them without warning.  They would attack me from out of nowhere and draw my feet up into a contorted arch.  These days they only try to do go into that extreme type of cramp when I wear a shoe with a heel.  Yes, sadly I have had to give up any type of cute high heel shoe.  It is a sacrifice I am willing to make to avoid that kind of pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment