Sunday, August 19, 2012

Cool As A Cucumber!

Yes, yes! I have ordered and received two shirts that are made with a relatively new material that activates a cooling sensation when moistened. I am super excited to try them!

In the meantime however I have discovered a wonderful little "evaporation towel" called Chilly Pad by Frogg Toggs. It is pretty terrific and as a matter of fact I am using one right this minute!

Today we are attending a soccer event. I didn't wear one of my new cooling shirts because this one is at an indoor facility. As an afterthought though, I did grab my new Chilly Pad as we walked out the door this morning. I am so glad that I did!

As the day has worn on and the hot Texas sun has beat down on this place it has warmed up inside. I have my Chilly Pad draped across the back of my chair and it is perfect for keeping me cool while watching the kids work on their skills!

I discovered my exciting new find based on a tip from a new acquaintance I met at a recent MS program hosted by Shared Solutions. She had one and passed it around for all to feel. She uses hers draped across the back of her wheelchair to help her keep cool.

I found mine at Wal-Mart in the hunting section.  I couldn't find it on my own but when I asked the young lady working in the department, she took me right to them. 

They are also available online on a number of sites or
 you can get one by clicking here -->   

I definitely recommend them!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there - I am a writer with Everydayhealth.com (6 million readers monthly!) working on an article about MS - before and after diagnosis. I was hoping we could find a time to talk or email in the next few days about your experience of MS diagnosis. My email is madeline.vann@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of a chilly pad. Thanks for sharing the information. Up until now, I've used a squeeze breeze, but a chilly pad would be more portable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment "climbingdownhill". I love mine and it is super portable. I keep it in my trunk just in case I find myself in need of it. Even if it is dry you can usually find a water fountain or bottle of water to moisten it, squeeze it out and then its good to go for several hours!

      Delete